[ckan-dev] ckanext-spatial cannot git clone

Andrew Brooks arb at sat.dundee.ac.uk
Wed Oct 25 16:25:12 UTC 2017

The instructions state:

pip install -e "git+
https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial.git#egg=ckanext-spatial"

That fails trying to clone into /usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckanext-spatial

Do I run as root? Do I make that directory globally-writeable? Both are not
ideal.

Obtaining ckanext-spatial from git+
https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial.git#egg=ckanext-spatial
  Cloning https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial.git to
/usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckanext-spatial
fatal: *could not create work tree dir
'/usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckanext-spatial'.: Permission denied*
Command "git clone -q https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial.git
/usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckanext-spatial" failed with error code 128 in
None
/usr/lib/ckan/default/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:318:
SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Subject
Name Indication) extension to TLS is not available on this platform. This
may cause the server to present an incorrect TLS certificate, which can
cause validation failures. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to
solve this. For more information, see
https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/security.html#snimissingwarning.
  SNIMissingWarning
/usr/lib/ckan/default/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:122:
InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This
prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain
SSL connections to fail. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to
solve this. For more information, see
https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning
.
  InsecurePlatformWarning