[ckan-dev] ckanext-security in CKAN 2.7.2

Karen Turner karen at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Oct 10 09:52:01 UTC 2017

Hi

> On 10/10/2017, at 9:33 PM, lucia.espona at wsl.ch <mailto:lucia.espona at wsl.ch> wrote:
>
> Dear all
>
> I am testing ckanext-security (https://github.com/data-govt-nz/ckanext-security) <https://github.com/data-govt-nz/ckanext-security)> with my local CKAN 2.7.2 development instance.

I haven’t tested with CKAN 2.7 but with CKAN 2.6 I did come across this error when my
ckan.site_url and beaker.session.cookie_domain did not match.

In my case I had set one to be an ip address and the other to be the host name. So pages would display ok but it would fail the login.

> Second and more critical, even if I "bypass" the previous error, I cannot log in with any user. Password reset seems to work fine but I get always the "Login failed. Bad username or password" error. I am trying to troubleshoot this but there is no failure message, I pasted below a piece of the log output. The only hint I see is the "INFO  [repoze.who] no identities found, not authenticating".
>
> If anyone has an idea of what's going on I would be grateful for any advice.
>
> Best,
> Lucia

----
Karen Turner