[ckan-dev] (no subject) harvesting

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Tue Oct 31 04:36:14 UTC 2017

If the job is done, the paster run command will mark it as "Finished",
otherwise you see a message of an ongoing job.

There are many possibilites why this might fail, here is usually what I do
to debug the situation:

1. Check the logs (apache error log and/or CKAN logs), you can either spot
activity (i.e. Ongoing harvest job or maybe an error message)

2. Check if gather_consumer and fetch_consumer are still running (using ps
ax | grep paster). If they are not, restart them. Note: this might happen
if an exception was raised during the harvesting

3. Maybe some data in the queues is wrong, causes esceptions etc. so at
this point I purge the queues using the paster purge_queues command
followed by a paster run

4. As a kind of last resort, if nothing else helps, I'll run paster
job_abort, which will set the status to "Finished"