[ckan-dev] Editing ckan code

Neuvonen Samuli samuli.neuvonen at ymparisto.fi
Mon Dec 17 13:49:45 UTC 2018

Dear list,

We have made small modifications to the "ckan-core" i.e. to files ckan/controllers/package.py and ckan/templates/package/snippets/package_form.html. On the server where we made the changes they work fine. However, transferring them to another ckan-instance didn't work. After comparing the two instances I first noticed that on the latter one we do not have the corresponding pyc-file for package.py. After this I realized that none of the changes made to the file package.py actually have any effect. I even changed the name of the file and CKAN-worked fine (except for our changes of course). So what does ckan use instead of this code and from where? And why on this new server and not on the old one?

If anyone has any idea what's going on or how we could try to trace the problem, I would be very grateful!

Sam