[ckan-dev] CKAN 2.8 release process started

Derek Hohls dhohls at csir.co.za
Wed Mar 28 13:18:30 UTC 2018

Is there a change log page for this release?

Thanks
Derek

>>> Adrià Mercader <adria.mercader at okfn.org> 03/28/18 11:31 AM >>>
Hi all,

The tech team has started the process for stabilizing the upcoming 2.8
release. In practical terms this means a new dev-v2.8 branch that will
eventually become the released version. Over the next following weeks we
need as much testing as possible to ensure we catch any issues.

To give 2.8 beta a a try you can use the staging site:

https://beta.ckan.org/

Or checkout the `dev-v2.8` branch locally or use the following debian
packages (Starting from 2.8 we will no longer provide packages for
Ubuntu 12.04 precise):

http://packaging.ckan.org/build/python-ckan_2.8.0b-trusty1_amd64.deb
http://packaging.ckan.org/build/python-ckan_2.8.0b-xenial1_amd64.deb

You can flag any issues in the main repo issue tracker:

https://github.com/ckan/ckan/issues

Translations for 2.8 are also open on Transifex. If you want to help
make CKAN multilingual, you just need a free Transifex account and head
to https://www.transifex.com/okfn/ckan/. (Make sure that you translate
the 2.8 resource: https://www.transifex.com/okfn/ckan/2-8/)

And finally if you have been thinking for a while of sending that small
patch or you want to fix that little nagging thing on the next release,
now it's the time to submit a pull request :)

Many thanks,

Adrià