[ckan-dev] SSL SYSCALL error: EOF detected

Karen Turner karen at catalyst.net.nz
Mon May 21 20:26:21 UTC 2018

Hi

I had a similar problem. It was the firewall dropping the connection between the webserver and the database server. Because of the way that the connection was dropped the database server didn’t get the network disconnect.
In my case we were using postgresql and we were able to set the keep alive in the postgresql config.

I don’t know SQL alchemy itself well enough to know if there is a parameter that should be passed to make it retry a session if it goes away. Or whether this is something that would be done at the CKAN level.

Cheers
  Karen

----
Karen Turner