[ckan-dev] An update on the GoFundMe campaign :)

Steven De Costa steven.decosta at linkdigital.com.au
Mon Oct 1 13:28:12 UTC 2018

Folks,

As of writing this email we have received 510 Euro toward the camaign from
14 donations over 10 days. Although I promoted it heavily during IODC I
guess the audience for such an event isn’t as receptive toward charity as I
would have thought. Aside from folks such as Joel and Chris who are in the
Steering Group the donation count didn’t get past zero.

The very good news is that the donations we do have are almost exclusively
from people who I reached out to directly. So, that personal touch appears
to be working much better.

With this in mind I’d like to firstly ask you to consider giving a little
if you haven’t already. The link is below :)

Secondly, if you could please think about who within your personal contacts
would appreciate being made aware of this campaign and invite them to
participate then this would be very much appreciated!

That link is
https://www.gofundme.com/ethiopia-needs-open-data-experts

Big thanks in advance!

Oh, and stay tuned for reporting from CKANCon over the days and weeks
ahead. As Joel, Chris and I catch up on things we‘ll be posting updates on
ckan.org.

Cheers,
Steven
--
P.S. I'd love to see your support of open data in Ethiopia (and the CKAN
project) via a small donation here:

*STEVEN DE COSTA *|
*EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR*www.linkdigital.com.au