[ckan-dev] No resource views created on package_update() API call. Is that on purpose ?

Alex Gartner alexandru.gartner+ckan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 19:53:06 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have noticed that resource views are not created when you do a
*package_update()*. The *package_update()* data might include a new
resource but that resource doesn't get a view.

I looked through the code and it seems like the logic for creating missing
views ( *package_create_default_resource_views() /
resource_create_default_resource_views()* ) is only called for:

   - *package_create()*
   - *resource_create()*
   - *resource_update() - *but just in case the format of the resource was
   changed

We are on CKAN 2.7 but I think this holds true for 2.8 as well.

I was thinking to override this behavior from a CKAN extension but wanted
to know whether there's some reason why this is not happening in the
default package_update().

Thank you,
Alex