[ckan-dev] No resource views created on package_update() API call. Is that on purpose ?

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Thu Oct 25 09:52:40 UTC 2018

Hi Alex,

This is on me as I wrote the code but I can't remember the specifics of the
implementation. I guess the reason is that both resource_create and
resource_update eventually call package_update and I wanted to avoid
creating them two times, but perhaps the whole thing can be refactored so
views are just created on package_update. The main thing would be to get
the current resources before updating to know if new views need to be
created on existing ones (if the format changed) but that should be doable.
I'm happy to provide guidance if you want to submit a PR for this.

Thanks,

Adrià