[ckan-dev] SSL not working - mixed/insecure content

Christoph Blank cb at unused.at
Fri Oct 26 15:17:12 UTC 2018

Hi there,

I can't get SSL to work with my dockerized ckan installation.
I'm using a nginx letsencrypt companion container to enable SSL which
normally works fine.

However, datasets/resources page I get errors like this:

Mixed Content: The page at '
https://ckan.myckan.com/dataset/naechtigungen-gesamt/resource/2452a48e-f7df-4076-a48d-df70bbdbfd3b'
was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure resource '
http://ckan.myckan.com/dataset/naechtigungen-gesamt/resource/2452a48e-f7df-4076-a48d-df70bbdbfd3b/view/d1677cba-8fa1-4099-9484-ac8103529ea6'.
This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
jquery.min.js:4 Mixed Content: The page at '
https://ckan.myckan.com/dataset/naechtigungen-gesamt/resource/2452a48e-f7df-4076-a48d-df70bbdbfd3b'
was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint '
http://ckan.myckan.com/api/i18n/en'. This request has been blocked; the
content must be served over HTTPS.

(note I've masked the domain with "myckan").
The front page and all other pages seem to work with HTTPS.

This is the nginx config that is used (generated by nginx-letsencrypt):
https://gist.github.com/solars/748af63dbde53db659aa03967d68ba1c

I've also set ckan.site_url in production.ini to include https.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot!