[ckan-dev] Help with GEOJSON upload

Vineet Jain jainvineet911 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 16:47:34 UTC 2018

Hi

I am trying to upload a GEOJSON to ckan datastore using datastore API. But
i keep on getting error as below:

unable to complete your request.</

There is nothing helpful in the log. I am trying to call datastore_create.
Sample payload is

{
"resource": {
"package_id": "city-wards",
"name": "City Wards",
"format":"json"
},
"fields": [{
"id": "type",
"type":  "varchar"
}, {
"id": "geometry",
"type": "json"
}, {
"id": "properties",
"type": "json"
}],
"records": {
  "type": "Feature",
  "geometry": {
    "type": "Point",
    "coordinates": [125.6, 10.1]
  },
  "properties": {
    "name": "Dinagat Islands"
  }
}}

Please let me kniw if there is any issue with the payload or if I need to
do something else to allow to upload GEOJSON to datastore. currently using
CKAN 2.8 and postgres 9.6 with POSTGIS.