[ckan-dev] Docker setup for CKAN - some ideas/comments

Florian Hoedt florian.hoedt at thuenen.de
Tue Jul 9 14:15:45 UTC 2019

Hi Olivier,

1) I know your work for Geonode´s SPC docker setup and still use a modified version of yours. Knowing you would do something similar (production ready small/medium scale setup) for CKAN is nice!
2) I would use the .env file and substitution. It is the way you´ve designed it for SPC Geonode and I used it often. It is very easy to understand and configure. Therefore my +1 for one (.env) to rule them all.

Yours,
Florian
--
MSc Florian Hoedt
Koordinator Geoinformation | Coordinator Geoinformatics

Thünen-Institut, Zentrum für Informationsmanagement | Thünen Institute, Centre for Information Management
Bundesallee 44
38116 Braunschweig

Tel: +49 531 596-1428
Fax: +49 531 596-1499
Mail: florian.hoedt at thuenen.de
Web: www.thuenen.de

Das Johann Heinrich von Thünen-Institut, Bundesforschungsinstitut für Ländliche Räume, Wald und Fischerei - kurz: Thünen-Institut - besteht aus 14 Fachinstituten, die in den Bereichen Ökonomie, Ökologie und Technologie forschen und die Politik beraten.

The Johann Heinrich von Thünen Institute, Federal Research Institute for Rural Areas, Forestry and Fisheries – Thünen Institute in brief – consists of 14 specialized institutes that carry out research and provide policy advice in the fields of economy, ecology and technology.