[ckan-dev] Datapusher patch on 2.8 package install?

Jim Craner jim at galecia.com
Tue Mar 12 08:02:13 UTC 2019

Hi, sorry if this is a silly question (non-python person here), but I have
a new 2.8 install, installed on Ubuntu 16.04, following the package (NOT
source) documentation.  I've got everything configured, even with SSL,
except the DataPusher, as far as I can tell.

When I "upload to datastore" for a file that I've already added to
filestore, I get the error messages referenced here:
https://github.com/ckan/ckan/issues/4330

>From what I can understand, anyone like me who installed 2.8 via package
will need a new version of flask within the python environment underlying
CKAN.  Is that right?

Since I installed from package instead of source, can I even do anything or
am I out of luck until another version is released?  If I can fix it, how
do I upgrade that?  The fix referenced above says to run "pip install
--upgrade Flask<1.0" which makes sense but:

a) what folder do I go in to call the virtualenv activate command BEFORE
the pip flask upgrade, and
b) what is the specific command to activate the virtualenv in this case?
(Again, sorry, haven't touched python in several years.)

Thanks for any advice you can provide!
-Jim

---
Jim Craner