[ckan-dev] Datapusher patch on 2.8 package install?

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Tue Mar 12 11:24:17 UTC 2019

Hi Jim,
There are no silly questions on this list! :)

I've just checked the python-ckan_2.8-trusty_amd64.deb
<http://packaging.ckan.org.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/python-ckan_2.8-trusty_amd64.deb>
package and it is shipping an old version of DataPusher (0.0.12), which is
obviously a bug. While we look at this you can manually upgrade as you
suggested. To do so:

1. Activate the datapusher virtualenv

cd /usr/lib/ckan/datapusher
source bin/activate

2. Pull the latest version

cd src/datapusher
git fetch
git co 0.0.15

3. Install the new requirements
pip install --upgrade requirements.txt

4. Check the versions

pip show ckanserviceprovider (should be 0.0.8)

4. Restart Apache
sudo service apache2 restart

Thanks and sorry about the issues

Adrià