[ckan-dev] Commenting extension for CKAN

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Wed Mar 6 09:52:13 UTC 2019

Hi Dan,

In most cases the projects I've been involved with ended up using Disqus
(ckanext-disqus). I works fine but it uses a third party service to store
the comments and sometimes can add bloat and ads to the page (which IIRC
can be turned off).
I don't know of any extension that integrates with a self-hosted commenting
system, but it sounds like an straightforward approach even if you need to
code a bit. There are several open source commenting systems but I don't
have experience with them. Maybe some others on the list do.

Adrià