[ckan-dev] Installing and running CKAN On Arch Linux?

Persaud, Chris cpersaud at pbpost.com
Wed May 29 02:35:43 UTC 2019

Hi Sergey, Do you mean I could install CKAN, or Solr, via Docker Image?

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 3:36 AM Sergey Motornyuk <tonnydexter at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Generally, just install all the rellevant packages before unpacking CKAN.
> If you are using Arch, there no need to explain, how to get packages via
> pacman and from AUR. There may be two problems:
> 1. Solr. I think, current upstream version ~7.5. CKAN don't with >v6.5
> without modifications, so search for Solr >5 <=6.5 in AUR or use docker
> image(it's much easier)
> 2. Installing from deb. It's only an archive, so you just need to unpack
> it. Here some tips -
> https://www.maketecheasier.com/install-deb-package-in-arch-linux/. If you
> find it problematic, use `dpkg` from AUR.
>
> As alternative, i would suggest running CKAN in docker -
> https://docs.ckan.org/en/2.8/maintaining/installing/install-from-docker-compose.html
> On Mon, 2019-05-27 at 17:56 -0400, Persaud, Chris wrote:
>
> How would I follow CKAN's installation instructions to install and run it
> from my Arch Linux machine?
>

> https://docs.ckan.org/en/2.8/maintaining/installing/install-from-package.html#install-the-ckan-package

> Unsubscribe:
>
> https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/options/ckan-dev

*Chris Persaud*
Palm Beach Post
561-820-4553

--
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the