[ckan-dev] Running ckan on heroku

Reuben Cummings reubano at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 03:54:17 UTC 2019

Hi everyone. I haven't seen very much documentation on this topic so
thought I would contribute our efforts thus far. As of now, we've been able
to get ckan running (the site is broken atm, otherwise I'd provide a link
to the live version) and have published a github repo with the working code
<https://github.com/openpeoria/data-portal> [1]. However, we haven't yet
gotten get the datastore extension working or been able create new users.
Once we've resolved those and other issues, we will update our wiki
<https://github.com/openpeoria/data-portal/wiki> [2] accordingly.

Today, I was finally able to figure out the cause of the issue
<https://github.com/ckan/ckan/issues/5055> [3] that was preventing us from
enabling the datastore plugin, but it will require modifications to the
ckan code <https://github.com/ckan/ckan/pull/5056> [4].

Heroku ready repo <https://github.com/openpeoria/data-portal> [2]
outstanding bug and fix <https://github.com/ckan/ckan/issues/5055> [3]

Any ideas or suggestions are also most welcome!

Best

Reuben

1. https://github.com/openpeoria/data-portal
2. https://github.com/openpeoria/data-portal/wiki