[ckan-dev] Change the default ckan facet search

mane moshref many_yammy at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 24 13:15:20 UTC 2019

 Hi Harald,

I just got what you meant by "search for "content_type:*""It doesn't turn any result.
Example: Dataset A

In the CKAN search box if I search for monitoring I get the corresponding dataset but with Content type, I recieve no dataset.I am not familiar with Solr.My question is, it is possible that solr does index field name so that I can search for random text and see whether there is any data with such field name for us in this case e.g. "content type".

The overal task for us is as follows: users need to insert some datasets. These datasets should have some additional fields. one of the fields is about the specific Anthena that used to callect the all related data. The field name is the name anthena's brand and the value is the range. None of these two are in prior familier to us. So we should provide a dynamic search to our clients / myckan visitors where they just write the brand [field name] they look for and see whether there is any dataset which uses this brand...... and ideally as the next step, if there are more than one datasets they look for a specific range [value].

I feel it should be possible but cannot find any related documentation for CKAN in this regard.
Any help is appreciatedBest regardsMandana