[ckan-discuss] Data catalog metadata models

Jose Manuel Alonso josema.alonso at fundacionctic.org
Thu Apr 1 17:33:20 BST 2010

Hi all,

For the benefit of those of you not subscribed to the W3C eGov IG
mailing list, some more info below.

El 01/04/2010, a las 15:41, William Waites escribió:
> On 10-04-01 14:35, Peter Krantz wrote:
>> With the announcement of the dcat vocabulary driven by DERI I suggest
>> that we tro to use that as a starting point:
>>
>> http://vocab.deri.ie/dcat-overview
>>
>> They seem to have done a fair but of research about common attributes
>> and they also try to re-use as much as possible from existing
>> vocabularies. This is a great starting point. I will try to map
>> opengov.sedatasets to dcat and see how it works.
>>

> There seems to be consensus on this within data.gov.uk as well

Richard introduced dcat at the W3C eGov IG call yesterday. The slides
he used and more info at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-egov-ig/2010Mar/0083

Draft minutes at:
http://www.w3.org/2010/03/31-egov-minutes#item05

We discussed for a while and plan is to setup subproject within the
IG, write a Group Note about DCAT and even using a W3C namespace for
future revisions.

Thanks again to Richard for the very interesting discussion and
willingness. Looking forward to start working on it.

-- Jose

--

Jose M. Alonso
Manager, eGovernment and Open Data, CTIC
email: josema.alonso at fundacionctic.org
twitter/identi.ca: @josemalonso
http://datos.fundacionctic.org
http://www.w3.org/eGov/