[ckan-discuss] translation - changes

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Apr 6 13:02:35 BST 2010

2010/4/6 David Read <david.read at okfn.org>:
> Olav,
>
> Rather than constantly merging the latest translations into the CKAN
> codebase, would it not be easier for you to simply take the PO file
> from Transifex, put it on your CKAN server manually?

Just to come in here and say poor Olav isn't a coder :) -- it should
be me or Benoit or another member of the i18n team who will do this.

However the basic point about process is a good one. From now on I suggest:

1. i18n commits go into the i18n fork of ckan on bitbucket (to which
changes on transifex automatically get commited)

2. i18n maintainer builds mo files against that repository (I also
suggest we may as well commit them to make life easier for sysadmins)

3. sysadmin for particular site grabs that mo and any other relevant
stuff and deploys it (i note there is a fabric command in our fabfile
for this (upload_i18n), e.g. you could do the following to upload a no
translation:

  $ fab config_0:no.ckan.net upload_i18n