[ckan-discuss] Purging revisions?

David Eaves david at eaves.ca
Wed Apr 7 18:29:01 BST 2010

David & Jonathan,

Just want to throw my support behind Jonathan's suggestion that we allow
users to flag a package for deletion. I actually think we want to allow
users to flag packages for some other reasons too... say for broken link
or to mark as a duplicate.

(Indeed, having the capacity to scan CKAN for duplicate resource or
website URL's would probably be very, very helpful, although this
probably just requires someone to write a simple script).

I get how allowing anyone to delete a package creates a whole lot more
work (needing to see "deleted packages") and so agree with you David,
that it it probably not worth it at the moment...

Cheers,
dave