[ckan-discuss] List of CKAN instances, regular public CKAN meetups, and community building strategy?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Sat Aug 21 13:03:11 BST 2010

1. Put together a brief list of CKAN instances that are running,
proposed and under discussion, so we have somewhere to keep track of
this...

http://ckan.okfnpad.org/instances

2. Propose we have a monthly public CKAN meet up that anyone can drop
in to and discuss their CKAN related questions/issues. Could be for
developers, but also for folks interested in using CKAN in their
country, folks who already have an instance but are curious on how
they can build on it, etc. Propose Friedrich convenes this, if folks
think this is a good idea.

3. CKAN community building. We have several prominent instances
running now, and I think it would be useful to brainstorm / create
documentation about (i) how folks can inititally bootstrap CKAN with a
load of packages, (ii) how to build community around CKAN in different
areas, etc. Perhaps we could have a dedicated conference call on this
with 'leads' for various CKAN instances (e.g. de.ckan.net,
it.ckan.net, no.ckan.net ...)?

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator