[ckan-discuss] faq for ckan users

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat Dec 4 15:48:26 GMT 2010

2010/12/4 Olav Anders Øvrebø <olav.ovrebo at gmail.com>:
> I am planning to write a FAQ to explain CKAN to new users. I think this is
> necessary - based on feedback from different people, and based on my own
> experience. (The "new package" form is not completely self-explanatory, for
> example). Does someone want to participate in this? I think a good idea
> would be to write it in English, then leave it to the different national
> "teams" to translate and adapt.

I think this is great. I note we already have a bit of an FAQ here:

<http://wiki.okfn.org/ckan/doc/faq/>

But I imagine this may not have what you need (?).

Relatedly, Richard Cyganiak has suggested the need for a wiki or
similar place for 'meta' discussion -- i.e. conventions on how to do
things, answering questions etc.