[ckan-discuss] User names

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat Dec 4 17:22:35 GMT 2010

On 4 December 2010 16:39, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
> Re: nice human readable user names: I know this is on the list of
> things to do, but just a ping to see if it can be nudged up the
> priority chain.
>
> For an incentive, try adding authorising someone with a Google account
> to be an administrator on a package group you have rights to (its
> pretty much impossible!).
>
> Here's a nice illustration. ;-)
>
>  http://www.flickr.com/photos/okfn/5231354015/

Not quite sure what the problem is here. If you a user has updated
their account to put in their name then that name (rather than ugly
openid) is displayed in the list and everywhere else on the site. They
do need to go edit their profile though -- perhaps it would be good to
prompt them to do this after logging in if they haven't already).

I did this earlier in the day with someone and it worked fine :)