[ckan-discuss] alias of it.ckan.net

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich at pudo.org
Mon Dec 6 14:59:34 GMT 2010

Hi Stefano,

On Dec 6, 2010, at 3:38 PM, Stefano Costa wrote:
> the friendly people running datagov.it would like to incorporate
> http://it.ckan.net/ within their website. Given the high visibility
> they're having - they recently launched the Open Gov Manifesto - I think
> this would bring benefits in terms of more users and possibly more
> contributors.

That's great news! The easiest way to integrate the two pages would be by getting them to give you a subdomain and to point it at the same server as the current it.ckan.net site. This way, we wouldn't need to move the service but could just serve both domain names (this is what we do for offenedaten.de).

> I've now asked them about their server capabilities, as I was thinking
> about mod_alias or similar stuff. For now I'd stick with something
> simple, maybe we should work on having a more similar style on both
> sides.

Styling the two in a similar way should be easy enough, as they seem to use a very generic wordpress theme. I'm not sure whether this is directly compatible with CKANs theming, but in any case the two sites could be made to share their layouts.

Friedrich