[ckan-discuss] How to allow public access to a newly added package?

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich at pudo.org
Fri Dec 10 11:28:52 GMT 2010

Hi Arnulf,

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Seven (aka Arnulf) <seven at arnulf.us> wrote:
> After adding a new package http://ckan.net/package/postal-codes-de it
> can be found by anonymous users for example:
> http://ckan.net/revision/read/2c1f8618-9452-43f0-bd8e-c44eb75c8c80

I note that you somehow managed to create this package with it's state
set to "None" instead of "active", which is a bug that keeps recurring
at irregular intervals and we haven't been able to track it down yet.
Effectively, this means that you created a deleted package. Could you
perhaps describe your environment (Browser version, JS on/off, even OS
FWIW)?

> But the dataset itself cannot be accessed, instead visitors are
> redirected to the login page. This is a bit odd and I can see that other
> packages can also be seen by visitors. How can I change this?

You couldn't have, as setting state is intended to be an admin-only activity.

Fixed now: http://ckan.net/revision/diff/postal-codes-de?diff_entity=package&oldid=285ac33e-952d-4a88-b19c-baa27219c0df&diff=ad086e63-ff9d-49f3-a724-e269df810e7e

Btw, thanks so much for this package, this is exactly what I was
searching for yesterday evening for an hour! Data catalogue FTW! You
don't happen to have polygons for Berlin/StatBB statistical units as
well, do you?

Friedrich