[ckan-discuss] Linked Open Data star badges

Michael Hausenblas michael.hausenblas at deri.org
Sat Dec 11 09:34:49 GMT 2010

1. Let's try to avoid cross-posting if not necessary. This discussion is
already ongoing in CKAN discuss [1].

2. Antoine, you and others (incl. dataset publishers) are free to use it -
or ignore it. If you want to see it happen at [2], then I'd suggest you just
go there and implement it.

3. The badges, just as TimBL's original star scheme, are a marketing
vehicle. Something, CTOs, Web developers, content owners such as government
agencies, etc. should be able to comprehend rather easily. Let's not try to
make a science out of it.

/me back to some work with concrete output and potential impact ;)

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-discuss/2010-December/000819.html
[2] http://esw.w3.org/DataSetRDFDumps