[ckan-discuss] Package relationships

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Mon Feb 22 16:13:28 GMT 2010

Dear all,

Rufus and I have been designing CKAN functionality to formally
associate packages. We see a need for specific parent-child,
inheriting or dependency relations. Not only should this help
navigation between packages in the web interface, but it also provides
a mechanism to automatically pull dependencies when downloading a data
package, in a similar manner as we see in software package management.

Take a look at the ticket and please do offer feedback:
http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/trac/ticket/253