[ckan-discuss] Getting started with CKAN Norway (no.ckan.net)

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Wed Feb 24 09:54:38 GMT 2010

Translations:

It sounds like it is well worth capturing the learning about
translations on a wiki page as we go along. We can link to the basic
info about .po files in the pylons docs, but it would be great to have
the titbits of info about 'fuzzy' etc.Then we don't need to rely on
Jogi as much for every new language that wants to get involved.
http://wiki.okfn.org/ckan

Importing data:

We currently import CSV files into ckan using getdata scripts. For example:
https://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/hg/file/tip/ckan/getdata/data4nr.py

I've added some docs to explain it here:
https://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/hg/file/tip/doc/getdata.rst
(this will get added to the web docs in due course)

We're also working on a web UI to a spreadsheet importer, but the
disadvantage of that is that you have arrange the spreadsheet exactly
as it will appear in the db - no facility for renaming columns or
munging the data in them, e.g. add a date of import or to extract tags
from other fields.

David