[ckan-discuss] Getting started with CKAN Norway (no.ckan.net)

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Feb 24 12:41:37 GMT 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:54 AM, David Read <david.read at okfn.org> wrote:
> It sounds like it is well worth capturing the learning about
> translations on a wiki page as we go along.

Daniel, David and I started a page for this at:

  http://wiki.okfn.org/ckan/i18n

Any additional information from those who have been involved in
translation would be *very* much appreciated to help make the process
easy and clear for others!

> We're also working on a web UI to a spreadsheet importer, but the
> disadvantage of that is that you have arrange the spreadsheet exactly
> as it will appear in the db - no facility for renaming columns or
> munging the data in them, e.g. add a date of import or to extract tags
> from other fields.

Would also be great to start a page on the wiki for this, outlining
options. E.g.

  http://wiki.okfn.org/ckan/import

What do you think?

All the best,