[ckan-discuss] Notification Replay

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Jul 16 14:31:27 BST 2010

cc'ing ckan-discuss -- i'm sure you mean to ... ;0

On 16 July 2010 14:23, Friedrich Lindenberg <friedrich at pudo.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just a quick question regarding notifications: would it be possible to
> use the domain versioning in such a way to create a full replay of all
> notifications up to the current state?

I was just in the middle of setting up a command to do this sort of
thing (the existing search_index command has the ability to do
something like this).

The one issue is you may not wish to flood the main queue with these
notifications ....

> For search, we currently have a function that re-creates the index. If
> wanted to connect a mongodb to the notifications, though, I'd have to
> write a rebuild_mongo function or use the API to initially load the
> DB. This is true of any consumer that keeps state. It would be much
> nicer to have a paster replay command that I could trigger to just
> simulate all the traffic prior to now.

I'm not sure you always need to simulate all changes until now -- just
send out current HEAD.

The real issue here is that you don't want to notify everything --
just, in your example, the new mongo db.

Rufus

--
Open Knowledge Foundation