[ckan-discuss] issues with CKAN translation

Benoit Boissinot bboissin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 14:06:15 BST 2010

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 01:46:12PM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> On 9 June 2010 12:52, Benoit Boissinot <bboissin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 12:42:18PM +0100, David Read wrote:
> >> Benoit,
> >>
> >> I thought we were just waiting for these features to emerge in a
> >> stable release of Genshi?
> >
> > They did (it's in 0.6 released in april). But when I proposed it (not
> > formally but on IRC), Rufus seemed a bit reluctent (sorry if I
> > misinterpreted).
>
> I think there is a misunderstanding :)

Ok, I wasn't sure :)

> The plan is for this to go in asap, the only question was a) the
> immediate effect on the current translations b) deployment to existing
> installs (this would be going into tip)

Can't we work on it for the next release, just ask the translators to
rework on their translations? It will require some efforts but long term
it's not avoidable.

(btw I'm not very happy with transifex, from what I've seen it bases
itself on the latest changeset from the default branch which is useless
for us... I tried to fix it on their side, but their tests are hard to
run/setup and they don't know why things are the way they are, so they
don't really want to change stuff...)

> @Benoit: if you merge current ckan default tip into your ckan-i18n-fr
> repo (which is where I think you patched for genshi v0.6) then this
> can be pulled into ckan main right now.

done.

Please pull and review.

Benoit