[ckan-discuss] ugly OpenIDs

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Thu Jun 10 14:59:13 BST 2010

William Waites wrote:
> On 10-06-10 14:37, Stefano Costa wrote:
>> I can see no CKAN username - in fact I didn't specify one when first
>> using ckan.net.
>>

> In fact, I encountered this myself when I retired my openid
> provider and used my google account to log in. There should
> be a simple ckan username and the ability to associate one
> or more openid URLs to it I would think.

I think we're pondering doing this by pulling the OpenID profile?

Also, we're putting in "native" registration, so users can control their
CKAN profile directly. But we didn't think about how native and remote
registrations might be combined.

I think we're wanting to do this soonish, so now would be a great time
to trawl for requirements...

J.