[ckan-discuss] update CKAN Norway

Olav Anders Øvrebø olav at oov.no
Fri Mar 12 12:41:28 GMT 2010

Hi everyone. Thanks to Jonathan and Rufus, we have made good progress on
a Norwegian language version of CKAN. Using the Transifex tool I have
finished a first rough translation:
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-discuss/2010-February/000048.html

As was mentioned in an earlier thread and in my guest blog post, as part
of our project on Norwegian govt. data we have collected information on
some 140 data sources in a Google spreadsheet:
http://tinyurl.com/offdata

I have translated the column headers, and hopefully an import into CKAN
will be successful (please tell me if I need to do further
modifications). After no.ckan.net is online with these data sources, I
hope that we can mobilize the Norwegian open data community to register
more packages there. It will definitely be more attractive to contribute
than it was with the simple spreadsheet.

olav