[ckan-discuss] buildbot success in Open Knowledge Foundation on buildbot-test

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Thu Mar 18 21:28:06 GMT 2010

John Bywater wrote:
>> Good work. By the way how does one get the ckan only set of results
>> (for the case where we're testing code other than ckan in the buildbot
>> at some future point ...).
>
> I'm not exactly sure, but I would try creating a build master per
> project (roughly: projects => build masters; platforms => build slaves).

A simpler approach would be to stick with one build master and add a
step for each project. It would be like the steps in build 4, but with
ckan-buildandsmoke.py, licenses-buildandsmoke.py,
ckanclient-buildandsmoke.py, and so on, instead of those trivial shell
scripts.

http://buildbot.okfn.org/builders/buildbot-test/builds/4

If one steps fails, the other steps are still run, but the overall build
result result will be a red bar. That's how the Appropriate Software
Foundation build bot works (each step runs one part of the foundation
test suite, which composes all system and service tests into a single
test suite).

http://kforge.appropriatesoftware.net/foundation/svn/trunk/src/foundation/

But then you can't trigger building just one thing. Hence the suggestion
to have several build masters.

Best wishes,

John.