[ckan-discuss] ckan atom feed and links

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue May 4 12:22:33 BST 2010

2010/5/4 Olav Anders Øvrebø <olav at oov.no>:
> On 04.05.2010 09:45, Peter Krantz wrote:
[...]
>> In my experience it should work better if it was like this:
>>
>> <link
>> href="http://no.ckan.net/revision/read/da0c90ef-5dca-4bb7-921e-bdbc57b505fa"
>> rel="alternate">
>>

> Yes. Any way to change the URL structure to make it work for all readers?

The issue is that we then need to embed knowledge of the domain in the
feed generation code (and to have this come from somewhere like the
config ini file). Perhaps this isn't a bad idea but it would involve a
little bit of work. What's the general spec with feeds: are relative
urls supposed to be supported or not (if not, we should *definitely*
fix this asap).