[ckan-discuss] ckan atom feed and links

Peter Krantz peter.krantz at gmail.com
Tue May 4 12:53:49 BST 2010

2010/5/4 Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org>:

> What's the general spec with feeds: are relative
> urls supposed to be supported or not (if not, we should *definitely*
> fix this asap).

In the Atom syndication format the href attribute of the
atomLink-element is an IRI. I think it is OK for it to be relative,
but in my experience the result can be shaky. Maybe the pragmatic
approach here is to make it absolute? Also, Atom entry elements may be
stored by the client and could end up without info about the base URL.

If CKAN has the ambition to be a central access point, maybe there
could be permanent URLs to packages in the form
http://ckan.net/revision/read/da0c90ef-5dca-4bb7-921e-bdbc57b505fa"?
If entered in the browser it could redirect to the appropriate country
version?

Regards,

Peter