[ckan-discuss] Upgrade of no.ckan.net

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon May 31 12:23:46 BST 2010

cc'ing ckan-discuss as you are raising issues of general relevance ....

2010/5/31 Olav Anders Øvrebø <olav at oov.no>:
> Dear Rufus,
> On 31.05.2010 11:49, Rufus Pollock wrote:

[...]

> Thanks for the info! Actually I was already working on some packages this
> morning and saw the changes. As I mentioned briefly in London we (at Bergen
> university) want to develop no.ckan.net further and have now started a
> hopefully fast process to achieve that. I think it is a good idea to have
> no.ckan.net as a citizen-run datastore, much like offenedaten.de and the
> Canadian portal. I can spend some time on this but we don't have the
> resources to do everything ourselves, so I'm hoping to mobilize a Norwegian
> community around the development process.

That would be great. I think one definitely wants citizen run
datastores as well as government run ones!

> I have a couple of questions also though:
>
> Translation: I made some changes in Transifex a few weeks ago, but they
> haven't been implemented. Now I see that with the new version some more
> English shows up here and there. For example the whole box "Openness" on
> package level. What should I do to update the translation?

We've just synced the translations with ckan v1.0 so you may need to
take a look at Transifex again to check your translations are up to
date against ckan v1.0.

Good point. Created a ticket: <http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/trac/ticket/331>

> Usability: When you edit tags suggestions show up below the field depending
> on tags already in the database. But it is not possible to click on the tag
> and make it "jump" into the tag field. I think it should be - or am I
> missing something?

Yes, I've noticed that too. I think it should work like that (and used
to) so there may be a subtle bug with the tag completion javascript.
Ticketed again:

<http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/trac/ticket/332>