[ckan-discuss] Set up Ie.ckan.net ...?

William Waites ww at eris.okfn.org
Sun Nov 28 22:23:38 GMT 2010

* [2010-11-27 21:04:00 +0000] Richard Cyganiak <richard at cyganiak.de> écrit:
]
] Friedrich, if I wanted to set up a copy of this codebase on my local
] machine for testing, what's the best way of going about that?
] Especially, how do I make sure that I get the right version,
] configuration, plugins/extensions etc that are running at ie.ckan.net?

I just tried, and failed to make a suitable theme. The whole template
and CSS setup is very complicated, but then I always find that sort of
thing fiddly. In any case, I've a repository here, and I noted down a
recipe for setting it up whilst doing it, see below.

Cheers,
-w

virtualenv ie.ckan.net
cd ie.ckan.net
. ./bin/activate

cat > pip-requirements.txt <<EOF
-e hg+https://knowledgeforge.net/okfn/vdm@vdm-0.7#egg=vdm
-e hg+https://knowledgeforge.net/okfn/licenses@0.6#egg=licenses
-e hg+https://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/ckanclient/hg@ckanclient-v0.4#egg=ckanclient
-e hg+https://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/hg@metastable#egg=ckan
-e hg+ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/ww/ckan-harp#egg=harp
EOF

pip install -r pip-requirements.txt
paster make-config ckan development.ini
cp src/ckan/who.ini .

## change this line in development.ini to get errors in the browser
# set debug = true
#
## set up the theme
# extra_template_paths = %(here)s/src/ckan-harp/theme/templates
# extra_public_paths = %(here)s/src/ckan-harp/theme/public
#
## make sure the database config is sensible

## make sure postgresql is running then do this:
paster --plugin=ckan db init

## run the development server
paster --plugin=ckan serve development.ini

# point a web browser at http://localhost:5000/