[ckan-discuss] IATI registry prototype

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich at pudo.org
Mon Oct 11 11:17:46 BST 2010

Hi all,

last week, the second development iteration of the of IATI [1] registry was finished and presented at a working group meeting within the group. The registry is a repository of development aid activity records published by donors, recipients and community actors.

In order to make these records discoverable, we've created an adapted version of CKAN (demo service: http://iati.ckan.net/) that is heavily themed, allows browing by metadata facets and includes custom forms and data previews on package pages.

As well as providing a tool to IATI, the registry is also a demonstration of the many ways in which CKAN can be customized (it is based on a separate branch [2] and a plugin module [3]). If there are any comments, questions or suggestions regarding the site or the techniques used to modify CKAN, please let me know.

Friedrich

[1]: http://www.aidtransparency.net/
[2]: http://bitbucket.org/okfn/iati
[3]: http://bitbucket.org/okfn/ckanextiati