[ckan-discuss] Not the right SPARQL end point?

Christophe Guéret cgueret at few.vu.nl
Mon Sep 27 14:55:11 BST 2010

  Dear CKANers,

The "linked-open-commerce" package [1] has
"http://lod.openlinksw.com/sparql" as its SPARQL end point.
I think that's a bit weird as this SPARQL end point, which - unless I'm
mistaken - mirrors LOD data, is not aimed at providing that specific
data set. If its suitable to provide LOD as a suitable end point for
this data set, then it should also be added to many others. That could
be interesting as a way to mention alternate end points but I think for
now it's just misleading. Or maybe it's the title & the description of
the package if the goal was to reference the LOD end point...

Shall the end point be removed from this package or its name/description
be fixed?

Cheers,
Christophe

[1] http://www.ckan.net/package/linked-open-commerce