[ckan-discuss] CKAN for humans?

Seb Bacon seb.bacon at okfn.org
Wed Apr 27 09:40:21 BST 2011

It's certainly OK that other tools are used, I agree :)

On the other hand, I think it's vital that we make CKAN a bit easier
to understand for the less determined visitor.  Conversations I've
been having have made it clear that it's hard for a casual visitor to
begin to understand what CKAN is about.  This should change.

On a related note, it would be good to try to start towards living up
to the "Comprehensive" part of the name; we should perhaps have a
project development strand whereby we attempt to import the metadata
for many of the sources you've pointed to.

Seb