[ckan-discuss] CKAN credits

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jan 20 09:07:13 GMT 2011

On 20 January 2011 00:21, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
> A small request to update the 'Contributors' section of the 'About'
> page to reflect the current CKAN dev/design/admin team, who deserve
> crediting for all the nice work they are doing. ;-)
>
> http://ckan.net/about

In fact I strongly think we should remove that section on ckan.net --
this kind of info should now be on ckan.org as it is about who
contributed to the software.

In general I think we are thinking about 'deprecating' the generic
about page that gets put up on every ckan instance as:

a) this info is rather specific to *.ckan.net (i.e. other installs do
not require it)
b) it involves translation overhead
c) it can live on ckan.org with a link from the footer on ckan.net if needed

Does this sound sensible or not?