[ckan-discuss] datacatalogues.org - editorial policy

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Mon Jul 4 15:13:58 BST 2011

If we want to include research data catalogues we need to start
soliciting for input from lots of people in different communities. I
strongly feel that we should keep this focused on government data
catalogues. This was the original aim of this project. While we are
often keep things very broad and open ended at the OKF (e.g. with
CKAN, more generally), I'd like to have a go at doing a project which
is very focused and which does one thing very well.

We can (if there is demand) start to federate other open data sources
and open data catalogues in CKAN, which has this much broader scope.
Perhaps you want to take a lead on adding/integrating research data
catalogues to CKAN, Jo? This is definitely something that is very
important to look at.

J.