[ckan-discuss] CKAN install on SL5: migrate.versioning.exceptions.InvalidRepositoryError

Ewan Klein ewan.klein at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 18:32:10 BST 2011

Hi,

I'm new to CKAN, and trying to install it on Scientific Linux 5, following the instructions here:

http://packages.python.org/ckan/deployment.html

I am at Step 9, and have hit a problem after executing the command:

paster --plugin ckan db init --config ckanvm.inf.ed.ac.uk.ini

(I'm assuming it's ok to change the name of the .ini file as long as this is consistent with rest of what I'm trying to do.) The tail of the error output is:

 File "/disk/data/web/ckanvm.inf.ed.ac.uk/pyenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/migrate/versioning/schema.py", line 128, in create
    repository = Repository(repository)
  File "/disk/data/web/ckanvm.inf.ed.ac.uk/pyenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/migrate/versioning/repository.py", line 76, in __init__
    self.verify(path)
  File "/disk/data/web/ckanvm.inf.ed.ac.uk/pyenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/migrate/versioning/repository.py", line 97, in verify
    raise exceptions.InvalidRepositoryError(path)
migrate.versioning.exceptions.InvalidRepositoryError: /disk/data/web/ckanvm.inf.ed.ac.uk/pyenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ckan-1.4-py2.7.egg/ckan/migration

I'd be grateful for any suggestions as to what might be causing the error (and/or information on where the migrate package might write its log files).

Thanks,

Ewan