[ckan-discuss] CKAN install on SL5: migrate.versioning.exceptions.InvalidRepositoryError

Adrià Mercader amercadero at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 18:51:33 BST 2011

Hi Ewan,
It's great to hear that you are playing around with CKAN.

> I am at Step 9, and have hit a problem after executing the command:
>
> paster --plugin ckan db init --config ckanvm.inf.ed.ac.uk.ini
[...]
> migrate.versioning.exceptions.InvalidRepositoryError: /disk/data/web/ckanvm.inf.ed.ac.uk/pyenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ckan-1.4-py2.7.egg/ckan/migration

Did you define a sqlalchemy connection string in the configuration
file (point 8.1 in the deployment protocol)?
It should look like this if you set up a Postgres database:
sqlalchemy.url = postgresql://<user>:<password>@localhost/<db_name>

Hope this helps,

Adrià