[ckan-discuss] CKAN install on SL5: migrate.versioning.exceptions.InvalidRepositoryError

Ewan Klein ewan.klein at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:09:59 BST 2011

Hi Adrià,

Thanks for your swift response. Yes, this suggestion does help narrow down the problem.
I did in fact have a connection string for sqlalchemy in the config file that looks syntactically correct to me, viz

sqlalchemy.url = postgresql://ewan:XXX@remotehost/ckan

So there's a difference here with examples in the sqlalchemy documentation, which only use localhost, and maybe that is the problem.  On the other hand, when I use the same information, including the IP address of the host, in the connection string for psycopg2, eg

conn = psycopg2.connect(database="ckan", host="remotehost", user="ewan", password="XXX")

then I do manage to connect to the remote db. So this would suggest that the URL is OK, and something else is not working right.

Regards,

Ewan

On 16 Jun 2011, at 18:51, Mercader wrote:

> Hi Ewan,
> It's great to hear that you are playing around with CKAN.
>
>> I am at Step 9, and have hit a problem after executing the command:
>>
>> paster --plugin ckan db init --config ckanvm.inf.ed.ac.uk.ini
> [...]
>> migrate.versioning.exceptions.InvalidRepositoryError: /disk/data/web/ckanvm.inf.ed.ac.uk/pyenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ckan-1.4-py2.7.egg/ckan/migration
>
> Did you define a sqlalchemy connection string in the configuration
> file (point 8.1 in the deployment protocol)?
> It should look like this if you set up a Postgres database:
> sqlalchemy.url = postgresql://<user>:<password>@localhost/<db_name>
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Adrià

---------------