[ckan-discuss] Documentation work: FAQ and install via Debian

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jun 23 17:37:24 BST 2011

On 23 June 2011 16:55, Anna Powell-Smith <annapowellsmith at okfn.org> wrote:
> On 23 June 2011 10:43, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
>> Did quite a bit of work on FAQ last night and this morning:
>>
>> * <http://wiki.ckan.net/FAQ>
>>
>> This is now CKAN software specific and I've moved all ckan.net / wider
>> community stuff to:
>>
>> <http://wiki.ckan.net/Community_FAQ>
>
> I've also just found http://wiki.okfn.org/Ckan/doc/faq
>
> which looks older, and like it should probably move into the community FAQ?

Already moved I think (basis of current FAQs). In general we should
*delete* / redirect everything on wiki.okfn.org re CKAN.

>> Please take a look and amend / append (especially happy to have
>> stubbed questions that people think should be answered).
>>
>> Going forward I think we will probably fork wikis to have
>> wiki.ckan.net (or .org) be for software and something like
>> wiki.thedatahub.org for the wider community.
>>
>> @Anna (and James): I've created http://wiki.ckan.net/Install_CKAN as a
>> temporary place to store some install stuff (I believe this will be
>> going into the Administrator Manual in sphinx not the wiki)
>
> Thanks.

Also understand James has done a whole bunch of work on this this
week. Suggest James contribute instructions directly into new manual.

> What should I do with wiki pages that I'm in the process of moving to
> the admin manual, e.g.
> http://wiki.ckan.net/CKAN_Internationalization_Guide

{{DeprecatedForAdminManual}}

(I have just created that template). I have already done this on that
page for you!

> I'd like a way to flag them so they don't get edited in two places at
> once. Alternatively I could just delete them.

Use that deprecated code. We can then delete later (the code auto adds
Category:Deprecated).

rufus

--
Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation