[ckan-discuss] Documentation work: FAQ and install via Debian

Anna Powell-Smith annapowellsmith at okfn.org
Thu Jun 23 16:55:37 BST 2011

On 23 June 2011 10:43, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
> Did quite a bit of work on FAQ last night and this morning:
>
> * <http://wiki.ckan.net/FAQ>
>
> This is now CKAN software specific and I've moved all ckan.net / wider
> community stuff to:
>
> <http://wiki.ckan.net/Community_FAQ>

I've also just found http://wiki.okfn.org/Ckan/doc/faq

which looks older, and like it should probably move into the community FAQ?

> Please take a look and amend / append (especially happy to have
> stubbed questions that people think should be answered).
>
> Going forward I think we will probably fork wikis to have
> wiki.ckan.net (or .org) be for software and something like
> wiki.thedatahub.org for the wider community.
>
> @Anna (and James): I've created http://wiki.ckan.net/Install_CKAN as a
> temporary place to store some install stuff (I believe this will be
> going into the Administrator Manual in sphinx not the wiki)

Thanks.

What should I do with wiki pages that I'm in the process of moving to
the admin manual, e.g.
http://wiki.ckan.net/CKAN_Internationalization_Guide

I'd like a way to flag them so they don't get edited in two places at
once. Alternatively I could just delete them.