[ckan-discuss] Publishing to CKAN the Southampton Way

William Waites ww at styx.org
Wed Mar 30 15:47:27 BST 2011

Hi Christopher, looking at

   http://data.southampton.ac.uk/dataset/places.ttl

I wonder if it doesn't conflate dcat:Dataset and dcat:Distribution. A
think with a dcat:accessURL is a dcat:Distribution (analogous to CKAN's
resources) as I understand it (dcat:Dataset being analogous to CKAN's
package).

I do like that you've mixed dcat and void, I think that a void:Dataset
is a subclass of dcat:Dataset, e.g. RDF datasets are a subset of the
set of all datasets, though I don't think this is formally asserted
to be so in the vocabularies.

I would be interested to hear what you think of this representation
of a CKAN package chosen at random (and purposefully omitting the void)

   http://river.styx.org:8080/package/970dd41a-b299-4e95-af1d-98e296cbe86a.turtle

Cheers,
-w